Episode 6 of PT TV will be live Wednesday December 12 at 6:00 PST / 9:00 EST. The discussion will be about the future of Manual Physical Therapy with Joe Brence, Barrett Dorko, Timothy Flynn and John Ware. The practice of Manual Therapy is in the midst of an evolution from an authority-based to an evidence-informed paradigm. Our participants will discuss the growing pains, future and direction of the field.
The agenda of topics that will be covered in the talk are as follows. Tweet your questions for the participants with the hashtag #PTTV6, post a question on our Facebook page or leave a comment below until 5pm PST / 8pm EST Wednesday December 12 to see them answered on air!
- Predictions about the future and direction of Physical and Manual Therapy.
- Specificity of technique.
- Clinician’ bias on patient outcomes.
- Incorporating pain science, education and neurophysiology into manual care.
- Utilizing patient beliefs when choosing manual skills.
- Clinician prediction rules.
- Mobilization vs. manipulation.